Reserving a parking place
The housing locations’ parking lots have chargeable car heating posts that have to be booked separately, as well as parking spots without posts that are free to use. Only those who have rented a heating post spot can park there. A car park costs 9 €/month, and a garage spot in Tavasti costs 25 €/month.
Car parks are booked via the tenant pages, excluding Henrikki, the Student Houses, Auranhelmi, Aamurusko and Iltakajo. The heating post key is fetched from the Housing Office. In the western side of the Student Village and Tavasti, only one car park per apartment can be rented. Several car parks can be obtained elsewhere when free.
Notice when renting car parks
– Reservation is possible to make after your lease has started, not beforehand. The booking system comes active to your tenant page on your contract starting date.
– When you terminate your lease, your car park reservation will also expire.
– Henrikki and the Student Houses have no bookable car parks at all. Parking at the Student Houses requires obtaining a parking sticker at the Housing Office.
– The heating posts in Aamurusko and Iltakajo are rented by Akseli Kiinteistöpalvelut Oy.
– Auranhelmi tenants can inquire about a garage spot in the Kaakelinna garage of Kiinteistö Oy Turku.
– A parking sticker is required in the free Nummenranta car parks that are reserved for TYS tenants.
– Tenants living in the location in question can obtain a parking sticker at the Housing Office.
See also the terms and conditions of the parking space lease.
Notices about heating posts
Heating posts function either automatically based on the outdoors temperature or with a timer. Using interior warmers is strictly forbidden.
If you’re not using your car, position it so that it doesn’t hamper snow clearing in the winter. Notice that free-to-use car parks are reserved for cars that are constantly in use – non-registered cars must not be kept in free-of-charge car parks. The police recommend using stopper devices in cars held in car parks.
The housing locations have shared storage rooms for outdoors equipment, baby carriages and bicycles. You can locate these shared storage rooms in the area map on your tenant page. In the winter season, it’s good to keep bikes in the bike shelters so as not to block snow clearing. Notice that bikes must not be kept in stairways.
Should non-roadworthy bikes be accumulated in bike shelters and racks, a special arrangement can be made during which notes are attached to such bikes. Afterwards, bikes with notes are removed from the racks and storage rooms. Note-attaching is always announced beforehand. Both individual tenants and tenant committees can request note-attaching.
Nearly all our locations have apartment-specific storage lockers, excluding the Student Village and Student Houses, which primarily have no apartment-specific storage lockers. Storage lockers in the western and eastern sides of the Student Village as well as the Student Houses are booked via the tenant pages. The TYS Booking system shows their location. The storage key is obtained at the tenant office. The storage locker in the Student House C costs 10€ (one-time payment, changing room sized locker), which is billed separately. The use fee of storage lockers in the Student Village is 5€/mo., which is added to the rent bill.
Notices about storage
-When you terminate your tenancy for your apartment, your storage locker will expire automatically, so remember to clear it.
-Fire safety risks such as mopeds, batteries or fuel must not be kept in storage rooms.
-Storing all movables in shared spaces, hallways and other storage rooms is forbidden. TYS will remove items left in hallways and deliver them to be recycled.
-TYS is not responsible for items that have been left in inappropriate places.
Read also: Terms and conditions of storage lockers