All apartments where the rental agreement is about to expire are inspected by Lessor. The inspection takes place primarily using the master key on weekdays between 8am and 4pm, and there is no need to make a separate appointment with the inspector nor to be present in the apartment at the time of inspection. If you have a dog or some other pet in your apartment, or there is some other problem with using the master key to visit the apartment, you can notify us of a suitable inspection time when terminating your agreement (choose the time from the calendar).
NB. TYS will send you an invoice for 35 euros in case you have given TYS permission to check your apartment with master key and you don`t let the inspector in or you have made an appointment with inspector and you are not present at the apartment.
At the inspection, renovation needs are mapped (both small and large renovation needs). In the inspection the general cleanliness level of the apartment is also checked – naturally the final cleaning is not yet done at this point, and this is taken into account.
A report is left in the apartment that notifies the tenant of the observations made and the possible special issues that the tenant must see to before moving out to avoid incurring unwanted additional charges. The inspection report describes the situation at the time of inspection, and as such cannot guarantee that the deposit will be returned in full. The tenant is responsible for keeping the apartment in good condition until the lease expires and also take care of the final cleaning tasks – this also covers damages or defects that may have gone unnoticed at the time of inspection but have been detected after the tenant has left the apartment, all of which may lead to retaining some of the deposit or to extra charges.
If you live in a shared apartment, don’t forget to tell your flatmates about moving out and about the final inspection. Also see that shared areas are appropriately cleaned.
You may be contacted by the new tenants about to move in who may wish to see the apartment before the move. You can arrange this between yourselves. In case you do not want that your contact information is given to the next tenant, let us know about this in the termination form or contact the housing office directly.
After moving out the apartment must be clean and completely empty of any belongings of the tenant.
The move-out cleaning includes:
• cleaning the stove, oven, and grease filter of the range hood
• wiping under and behind the stove
• cleaning and defrosting the fridge and freezer, and cleaning under and behind them Turn off the power and leave the doors open (for shard apartments, only do this if the whole apartment is vacated).
• wiping the air duct vents
• wiping drawers and cupboards
• cleaning the toilet and bathroom (walls, floor, door, and all furnishings), including the floor drain
• wet wiping of floors, including skirting boards. If necessary, the walls must be cleaned as well.
• taking out the garbage
• cleaning the windows where possible, at least on the inside in winter
Unclean apartments are cleaned and the work is charged from the tenant(s). The cleaning charge is about 35€/hour, and the minimum charge is for one hour. In shared apartments, all tenants are jointly responsible for the cleanliness of the shared areas.
• No items must be left in the apartment, the balcony/patio, or storage spaces.
• If there is a dishwasher in the apartment, make sure that its connections are properly plugged. This way there are no water leaks for the next tenants. Any connections left unplugged are charged according to the current price list.
• Ensure that the power points for ceiling light fixtures are in appropriate condition. Any missing, incorrectly installed, faulty, or defective lighting fixture power points are charged according to the current price list.
• Please notify in advance of all found defects by submitting a notice of defect.
For any items or property left in the apartment and for all work done because of tenant negligence are charged according to our current price list for claims reserves.
Other issues related to moving out
As you are moving out of your apartment and have left it in the condition required by the above-mentioned rules, do not forget to return your keys in due time to the tenants’ office (read more about returning keys here).
If everything in the apartment is in order and there are no outstanding payments, the deposit will be returned to your bank account in about 4-6 weeks after the lease expires. Please ensure that your bank account and contact information is correct so that we can return the deposit. For details, see here.