Congratulations to all of you that have secured a place of study! Following the release of the results from entrance exams, the search for apartments is well under way. Even though we are hard at work, the customer service department at the TYS housing office is very busy with all new inquiries and applications. During the next weeks TYS will send out most of the August housing offers to new graduate students.
Please find below some guidelines regarding the most commonly asked questions:
- Make sure you submit your housing application in time (you can apply 3 months in advance, i.e. the application time for August has begun on the first of May). Applications in queue will be scored during August and September based on the new student’s home region, i.e. students who are moving from further away score more points in the queue, but the time of filing the application will also affect the queuing. So send in your application in time!
- If you wish you may modify your housing preferences, this can be done on the tenant pages (you have received login details when saving your application). Our web pages also offer comprehensive information about the different housing options. Note. Available housing options that appear in our system are not real-time and do not include queues, so do not apply on the basis of available housing. So please, be active and find out more about the different TYS housing options!
- To activate a housing application in the queue, please make sure that you electronically enclose a study or approval certificate. A screenshot of the electronic approval certificate will also suffice, but please do not send a picture of your pet☺
- As the demand for studio apartments is high, we recommend that you also apply for other housing types, e.g. shared apartments and larger apartments (two, three, four rooms). In a shared apartment you will get acquainted with new people, and perhaps find long standing friends across faculties and cultural boundaries. If you already have someone you would like to share an apartment with, both of should make separate housing applications and write down the name of your roommate in the comment field in the application.
- Please only apply for the options and with the criteria that you are ready to accept. Autumn rentals are moving at speed, and we do not normally have time to send several property offers to one person.
- Check your email regularly for a possible housing offer! If you have already secured an apartment elsewhere, please be sure to remove your application from the TYS housing queue.
- Possible housing offers that have been declined can be inquired about with the TYS rental services. The housing queue disappears fairly quickly after the first autumn months, and we therefore recommend that you check the housing queue situation again at that time.
Welcome to study in Turku!