As the autumn term begins, TYS has the largest number of new residents arriving. To make things as easy as possible for everyone, we have gathered a few things to remember when moving into a new home.
Before moving in
• Pay your security deposit, possible office fees and the rent by the due date.
Learn more about payments: link
• Sign your rental agreement electronically or at the office, and submit your personal information to Kela. Read more: link
• Retrieving keys: link
• Planning your move (you will find the floor plan for your apartment here: link)
Please note that the Housing Office is usually very busy in the last weeks of August. Please allow for plenty of time when you visit the office.
When moving in to a new apartment
• Fill out your apartment form on the tenant pages and report any faults/problems that need to be fixed via notice of defects form.
• Take home insurance and get/check the condition of your fire alarm. More information: link
• Make an notification of change of address and place a sticker with your name on your front door (stickers can be obtained from the Housing Office)
• Save the number for our service dejour on your phone: 020 515 9268. The door service operates outside our office hours in evenings and at the weekends. More information: link
• Download the TYS mobile application for sauna and laundry reservations (reservations can also be accessed via the tenant pages). Storage and parking space reservations through the tenant pages.
• When moving, please also consider your new neighbours. For example, loud home furnishing/assembly of furniture late at night is not recommended. Also, please do not block the rescue roads with your moving car or load.
Read more about moving it: here
For more housing information, please visit TYS website, information about your own agreement/payment information is found on the tenant pages, and up-to-date information is found on TYS Facebook pages, Instagram and resident blogs.
Welcome to TYS!