Every time you move into a new apartment, you must fill in the apartment form online. The form must be filled in within 30 days from the date on which your agreement starts (that is, not from the move-in date or the date of receiving the keys, but from the date your agreement becomes valid)! Please note that if you have not filled in your apartment form within the given time, it is not possible to re-open the card for editing.
Please fill in the form carefully and check all the required items on the card. This entails an acceptance inspection: the purpose of this inspection is to ensure legal protection for the new tenant so that he/she is not held responsible for any damages already existing in the apartment.
The apartment form is utilised for apartment inspection as you move out, and you will not be held liable for any damages already marked on the card (unless the damages have been repaired during your stay in the apartment), and the cost of these damages will not be deducted from your deposit.
Short instructions for filling in the form
Each row in the form has three options:
-If the object is in good condition, choose OK
-If the object shows wear but does not require any repair, choose Marks
-If the object requires repair, choose Needs fixing
If you wish, you can include a verbal description of the inspected targets’ condition. At the top of the page you also have an option to attach photos to the apartment form.
Fill in a separate notice of defect in all matters that require action – and please note that filling in the apartment form does not replace placing a maintenance order, the maintenance personnel do not receive this information automatically! You can, however, submit a notice of defect directly from the apartment card by using the entries that you have marked as Needs fixing.
Inspecting the level of cleaning
In case the level of cleaning in the apartment is inadequate, you must report this to Property Services, primarily over the telephone (at number 02 275 0200) so that we can place an order for a cleaning inspection and for the cleaning itself (all cleaning work and inspections are done during office hours on weekdays). Please note that unfortunately, TYS is unable to provide any compensation for cleaning you have done yourself.
If you notice any defects outside the office hours, please call the ISS on-call duty number: 020 515 9268. Cleaning can only be ordered as on-call work if the apartment is in such condition that moving in is impossible. Any unnecessarily ordered cleaning work is always charged from the customer.
Pay special attention to the following when you inspect an apartment:
- Floors, ceilings, and walls: see that there are no cracks, dents, or holes and that the surfaces are undamaged (if there are posters and the like on the walls or doors, check behind these as well!)
- If there is wallpaper or tinted paint on the apartment walls, please report this in the form.
- Check the condition of the bathroom floors and walls with extra care. Any grime and discoloured parts should also be noted in the form.
- All doors and windows are undamaged and work as they should, including panes, fittings, locks, and latches.
- Closets and coat racks are undamaged and in place.
- Radiators and their thermostats are undamaged.
- Light fixtures, including caps/globes, are undamaged and work as they should.
- Ceiling casings (back plate, hook, and socket/screw terminal) and electrical sockets are undamaged and in working condition.
- Doorbell and mail slot are undamaged and work well.
- Household appliances are undamaged, in working condition, and tidy.
Note! The standard equipment in TYS apartments does not include a microwave oven, washing machine, or dishwasher! In case your apartment has any of these appliances, please let us know by submitting a notice of defect so that we can pick up the item and dispose of it appropriately. If you fail to inform us of this, you will assume responsibility of the said device and included connections.
- Kitchen cabinets, drawers, sink, and other work surfaces are undamaged.
- Washbasin and toilet in the bathroom are undamaged (also check for hairline cracks).
- Faucets and drains in the kitchen and bathroom are undamaged and work as they should, and the faucets do not leak. Check also that any possible connections for washing machines or dishwashers are appropriately stoppered (so that the connections do not leak).
- Bathroom mirror, mirrored storage unit, towel rack, and toilet roll holder are undamaged.
- Fixed luminaires in the kitchen and bathroom are undamaged and working (these may also exist in the entrance hallway or walk-in closet if provided by Lessor).
- Air duct vents are in working order and tidy.
- In addition, if you rented a furnished apartment/room, please make sure that all the equipment included in the apartment/room are there and in appropriate condition.