Move out and apartment inspection
All apartments, of which the rental contracts are about to expire, will be inspected by the landlord. During the inspection the need for renovation will be evaluated (both small and large renovations). In addition, the cleanness of the apartment will be rated – though evidently at this point the vacation clean-up still has not been done, which will be taken in consideration at the time of the inspection. After the inspection a report will be left in the apartment, detailing the potential noteworthy things the tenant must fix before vacating to be spared from vain expenses. The report explains the situation at the time of the inspection, and as such does not guarantee full refund of the warranty. Until the expiration of the rental contract the tenant has the responsibility to maintain good care of the apartment and take care of the vacation clean-up – in addition the defects that went unnoticed at the time of the inspection, only found after handing the apartment over and are the tenant’s burden, may lead to extra expenses or subtractions from the warranty.
After vacating the apartment must be clean and empty of the wares of the tenant.
The vacation clean-up includes:
- cleaning the oven, the kitchen stove and the grease filter of the kitchen hood
- wiping the bottom and the back of the stove
- cleaning and melting the refrigerator and the freezer and cleaning the bottom and the back. Electricity is cut off and the doors are left open. (In case of cell apartments, only if the entire apartment is vacated.)
- wiping the air conditioner vents
- wiping the cabinets and drawers
- washing the lavatory and the bathroom (walls, floor, door and all the fixture), also cleaning the drain
- wet cleaning the floors, including skirting boards. If necessary, also the walls must be cleaned.
- taking out the trash
- cleaning the windows if possible, at least the inner linings in the winter
Unclean apartments will be tidied and the expenses will be charged from the tenant/tenants.
The charge is ca €35/h, minimum fee is 1 hour.
All the tenants have a joint liability on the cleanness of the shared spaces in cell apartments.
- No belongings are to be left in the apartment, terrace/patio and storage spaces
- If the apartment contains a dishwasher, take care of the proper tamping of the couplings. This way water won’t drip from the next tenants to the cabinet.
- Ensure the proper condition of the ceiling contact boxes. Missing, incorrectly assembled, damaged or defective contact boxes will be charged according to our charge sheet.
- Report all the defects you might detect by leaving a notice of defect.
If things are left to the apartment or if some other defects that the tenant/tenants are liable for are noticed in the apartment after the lease has ended, TYS will charge the tenant/tenants according to the charge sheet.
Moving day and returning keys
Return the keys to TYS’s Housing Office latest on mid-day of the following working day when the lease ends (meaning the first working day of the month). By the law the previous tenant has to give at least half of the apartment to the use of TYS/new tenant at mid day. All the keys must be returned on the following day. Remember also to give back possible keys to parking places. After office hours you can return the keys in an envelope with your name and address on it to the mailbox next to the front doors of the Housing Office. Common policy is, that moving out happens on the last day of the lease.New tenant gets the keys to the apartment always on the moving day at mid day. If the keys are not returned, we have to invoice you for cost of changing the locks.
If you return the keys before your lease agreement ends, please inform us if we can give the keys to the next tenant. If a tenant moving out and the new tenant moving in can make arrangements for the release of keys and the apartment we recommend to use this form: Key agreement.
New tenants moving in might contact you and come to see your apartment. Arrangements concerning this are made between the old and the new tenant. Inform the Housing Office if you do not want us to give your contact information to the next tenant.